10 Things to Do at DEMA
The annual Diving Equipment & Marketing Association (DEMA) Show is an international trade-only event for the diving, action water sports and travel industries. Each and every year, it is one of the most entertaining and most hands-on educational opportunities in the promotion and growth of the diving industry. Visitors and vendors can inspect new equipment, discuss safety options and changing standards, and share business growth ideas all in a collegial, highly energetic environment.
This year’s DEMA Show takes place 14-17 November 2012 at the Sands Expo Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. TRI Air Testing will be there!
There is a lot to take advantage of at DEMA. Here are 10 things we recommend:
10 THINGS TO DO AT DEMA
10. Awards Party, November 16. This isn’t your ordinary awards show. While Dan Orr and Dick Rutkowski will be recognized, they and DEMA attendees will also be treated to an evening of blues and rock with a Blues Brothers tribute band at the Hard Rock Hotel’s “The Joint” venue. 6:30 pm – Midnight. Cocktails. Desserts. Industry honors. And serious fun.
9. The SCUBA Demonstration Pool. Want to test a new innovation? Dive in! (Literally.)
8. STAY SAFE! Divers and dive business owners are renowned for the many steps they take for personal safety in their work and play. Keep up with the most current safety measures by talking to vendors in the exhibit hall. TRI Air Testing will be on hand to discuss the huge role compressed air testing plays and how you can improve your testing.
7. Silent Auction, November 14-16. Members helping members. DEMA will provide assistance to the victims of catastrophic storms and other occurrences with a DEMA Disaster Assistance Program; “Members Helping Members,” building a bridge of assistance for those affected by these disasters while permanent aid is being requested from the appropriate government, private or public agencies.
6. Mini-Seminar Series at the DEMA Booth. Business owners especially may be interested in these short talks.
5. Image Resource Center. Photography and video are powerful tools for promoting diving (and safety)
4. BUSINESS OWNERS: Learn about compressed air testing kits.
3. Learn about DEMA Membership. DEMA is much more than an annual show. Learn more about this fantastic international organization. If you are not a member, become one!
2. Follow DEMA’s in-show updates on your smartphone via Twitter (@DEMA_Show)
1. Visit TRI Air Testing in Booth #3145!
See you in Vegas! Dive often, dive safe.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.